Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Third Yarn Along

WOOHOO!!! It's Wednesday!  And you know what that means!  Yarn Along over at Small Things! I don't know if I have mentioned this before... but Yarn Along really makes Wednesdays my favorite day of the week.



No major reading again this week.  I'm not illiterate I promise.  I have been paging through the book " Baby Gifts -Simple Heirlooms To Make And Give" by Ethel Brennan day dreaming about making itty bitty booties and sewing cute little baby clothing... At least day dreaming about a second child is still allowable..



****PICTURE WILL BE LOADED SOON*  We are currently experiencing trouble with a computer virus that keeps re-appearing even after we run our anti-virus and I don't want to risk my memory card being infected!******



I started the first adult sized crocheted hat (large enough for someone with a giant cranium like myself) that I plan to donate last night.  I managed to get about half way with in those 24 hours.  I had forgotten how far the yarn that I'm using goes. It is unlabeled so I have no idea what the brand is and it is probably at least as old as I am.  It is left over from my mom's baby blanket crocheting days.  Thankfully it was safely packed away and hasn't shown any damage due to its age.  It is a very thin baby yarn and I'm doubling it up.  I created a knit child's scarf with the same yarn (same ball actually) and it came out beautifully so I hope that it will come out just as well in hat form.



No further progress on the Never Ending Blanket that I posted last week.. The dishcloth however is finished!  After I'm sure the computer virus is out of our lives I will post a finished picture of it on my Ravelry page for anyone who is interested (link on the side bar to the right of my home page.)

(My original yarn along from May 11th reappeared a week from when I originally posted it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment