Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

My Crafting Space Part 1

I just had a very disappointing moment having found out that my Third Yarn Along from Wed was deleted during Blogger's ... well.. whatever they were doing.  [I'm wondering if that computer virus that tried to get into our computer was a big problem.  Thank you Kaspersky for taking care of us and alerting me of the problem.]

While trying to let go of that frustration and disappointment I perused the updates from different blogs that I follow and came across a post by Little Lovelies  on Craftaholics Anonymous 's  blog.  All I can say is WOW!  The pictures of her crafting space really inspired me.  Granted, I live in an apartment that could quite honestly be about the size of her crafting room, but I am inspired just the same.  I've decided to take some very real (and very embarrassing) pictures of my crafting space as I unpack, clean and organize it.  It will probably take months (if not longer) to get it the way I want it.. but I'll share some honest pictures along the way! 

******Pictures coming soon!*  I want to run our antivirus on a thorough scan before putting my memory card into our computer****

***************************************************************
*Edit*  Apparently I got distracted while taking my before pictures.. so if you think this picture shows a giant mess... you'd probably be sickened by the way it looked before (I know I was).. so let's be glad I missed out on taking a before...
Random Monkey from Philly Zoo Trip in 09
WAIT JUST A MINUTE!... That is NOT my crafting hutch.. that's a monkey's behind!  I did not purposely post that...but it seems appropriate so I'll leave it and take another "crack" at it...

End of Day 1's Clean Up
Ok, that's a little better.. First off, I will admit my need to get better at taking pictures with my camera.. I was getting the hang of my husband's camera before I started this blog.. but I figured I'd better use my camera instead of taking the risk of breaking his beloved (crazy expensive) camera. 

Secondly, it's hard to look at this picture and think about all the time I spent organizing it today and knowing this is as good as it got.  A quarter of the area is all my WIPs..(The Never Ending Blanket, my basket filled with hats for "Knit for Japan", a terrible attempt at a knit sock, a frogged attempt at creating a woven ball made from knit bands, the blue), the white shoe box is actually a photobox filled with a ton of random pictures of my childhood (there's a whole day shot when I need to sit down and organize all of that) and to the left is a bunch of random bits and pieces that don't quite have a category or a place to be housed in my hutch... oh and my clock that I really need to get hung on the wall.  To the right of my work space is just a random crafting bag that I need to find a space for.. and on the floor next to the hutch in the corner is a piece of art work that I made in one of my first college courses... and a pile of canvases that I purchased in hopes of making more.. it's only been what?  6 years?  It could still happen... right?

I wont take a picture and show you the row of boxes against the wall next to my hutch.... With the moving history we've had in our short marriage I have become very slow at unpacking..  We've moved once a year every year for the 4 years we've been living together..that somehow equals 5 moves in 4 years.... We hope to not have to move for another 2 years at the earliest but it sickens me to spend time organizing every knick knack the way I like it and hang every shelf perfectly to just rip it down less than 9 months later.  It doesn't help that this place is SO nice.. big beautiful crown molding, a chair rail in the dinning room, high ceilings and cream walls instead of white.  Ok, it doesn't take much to impress me... but it is by far the nicest place I've ever lived.  Probably even nicer than my parent's home.. (Sorry mom)  My stuff feels small and and crummy here.. and as much as I'd love to go out and purchase or create art and furniture that matches the style of this place.. let's face it, there's no point (even if we did have the funds.)  I'm probably most proud of my dinning room furniture anyway.. so maybe finishing my crafting hutch and dinning room will make me feel better about our apartment and spark the remaining unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment