Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Third Yarn Along

WOOHOO!!! It's Wednesday!  And you know what that means!  Yarn Along over at Small Things! I don't know if I have mentioned this before... but Yarn Along really makes Wednesdays my favorite day of the week.

*******
The above is all Blogger managed to save of my Yarn Along.  Thanks Blogger.

I thought I'd take a few moments to re-create it just incase anyone cares.
*******

I haven't done much reading this week either.  I'm not illiterate, I promise.  The bulk of my reading has been flipping through the "Baby Gifts- Simple Heirlooms To Make And Give" by Ethel Brennan.  Honestly, there was much more daydreaming about making teeny tiny baby booties and little baby outfits than there was reading.  I am regretful that I was not able to make the effort to prepare for our son in that way.  A surprise baby, a super busy work schedule and eight and a half months of morning sickness will do that to you. 



I did finally begin the hat that I plan to donate to "Knit for Japan" (link to details on the sidebar.)  With-in 24 hours I was about half way (sadly since then I haven't made quite as much progress.)  I hope to be at the "sewing up" phase if not completely done by the Yarn Along next week.  The hat itself is made from an acrylic baby yarn which is doubled up (I had forgotten how far this particular yarn goes).  I unfortunately have no idea what the brand is as there are no labels.  It is yarn left over from my mother's crocheting days.  The same balls made a cute little girl's scarf with the addition of a few scraps of colored baby yarn (which reminds me I have to make flowers to cover some imperfections on that scarf as it is still in my "WIP" basket.) The only problem with this yarn (aside from it being acrylic which is more a personal preference) it is horribly knotted inside and requires me to hand wind it into balls.   I have four more skeins which I hope to use to make additional hats to donate.  How well this hat comes out will make that decision for me..  Otherwise I'll be working on some wash cloths and maybe a scarf. 

Not much in the knitting world happening this week.  I did finish the dishcloth I was working on last week and I will probably be posting a picture to my Ravelry page (see tool bar to the right for a link.)  I also took a crack at casting on a pair of toddler socks... and failed horribly.  I casted it on just fine (though I could have used a larger needle to cast onto) but wound up dropping it, re-casting on.. then accidentally knitting in the wrong place when I got distracted and came back to it.  Maybe I'll be able to find someone who can sit with me and make sure I'm doing it properly and point out some obvious things I'm sure I'm missing about what part is up and what part is down when we visit PA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment