Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining the Yarn Along at Small Things again this week. 



No real reading other than children's books this week.  My son is finally actually sitting down and letting us read to him now!

The simple ribbed crocheted scarf I started for the Knit for Japan collection last week was finished last night and another was started. This is most likely the last skein of yarn I will be able to get through before the cut off for collections for Knit for Japan.  Life has become complicated with me opening an etsy shop (nothing is in it yet, but I will post its information when it is) and discussing the possibilities of working on opening another etsy shop co-run with the wonderful woman teaching me to sew. 

Normally I am much more long winded (and have more pictures) but today I am just not in a blogging mood.  I just finished making a police report concerning the vandalism of my car.  About half of the cars in the parking lot of our (very nice) apartment complex were keyed... But my car was special.  The individual felt the need to scrawl the letters "F U" into the side of my car.  I have had no confrontations with anyone here and always make an attempt to be pleasant, wave and say hello to everyone... I know it isn't personal (nor where the other TWO separate keyings of this same car) but it breaks my heart to have my innocent two and a half year old point to my  car and say "Look Mommy, F U!" (he loves to read letters) as if it is a special note just for him on my car...

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I am so sorry. My car was broken into one night about two years ago because the jerk saw that I owned a GPS.

    It left me with a feeling like I had been violated and like I wasn't safe anymore.

    I'll be thinking of you and hope they find the moron(s) who did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm sorry you had to go through your car being broken into. Thankfully I don't feel violated like that.. but it frustrates me to no end that someone felt the need to damage someone else's property for no reason. I just can't wrap my head around it.

    ReplyDelete