Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Preparing for some crafting withdrawl....

As I pack for a 2 + week trip back in PA I keep finding myself adding crafting supplies to my "to pack" pile.  I already have 3 scarves that need ends woven in, a hat that needs its' top closed up and a pom-pom made for its' top, enough yarn to make at least one more full sized scarf and a child sized scarf (all for Knit for Japan!--see side bar for info) as well as my sock needles, fingerling and all kinds of hopes of free time sitting in my parent's backyard with my phone hooked up to their wifi watching youtube videos on sock knitting while my son runs wild and splashes in the kiddie pool with a minimum of 4 sets of eyes watching him so he doesn't drown.  I also have a ton of activities planned for us to attend, 3 days of wedding stuff for my sister-in-law, a date night with my husband (or for my husband and his brother if I decide I'd rather stay home and knit, HA!) with FREE tickets to the new X-Men movie and a bunch of offers for a "quick drink or coffee" with old friends (that you know will turn into a.. come back to my parent's house so I can take Alex home and put him to bed.. then let's chat for a while...which turns into 3, 4 AM!).  So, why do I continuously find myself saving all kinds of recipes for soaps, lotions, candles... and what not for my new etsy shop and find myself thinking that I should really pack my glycerin and molds..... I also should take those picture discs with me so I can take the opportunity to organize the rest of my pictures and order them.  Let's not forget I also promised to go through the remainder of any of my stuff that's at my parent's house... I lucked out having a boy that I didn't have to take my big bins of dolls and their clothing... and shoes... and million other pieces! 

I always do this to myself!  Of course if I under-pack/plan and run out of things to do.. then I'll just "have" to take the 10  minute drive to A.C.Moore and then the 2 minute ride from there to Micheal's (and I hear there's now a Hobby Lobby like an hour away!!) to just get myself through the trip.  There should really be a 12 step program for crafting addiction.  Knowing my addiction I would have to spend the night after the meeting making up some sort of fancy embroidered list with the steps on it or something... In all seriousness though, I will have all of what.. 2 or 3 quiet early nights sitting around at my parents' that I will actually have any time to do any crafting if I'm lucky!  I need to prepare myself to get a whole lot of nothing done for close to the next month between packing and unpacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment