Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beating down my anxiety....

I'm tired of hearing myself complain.  I'm tired of being lonely and wishing I could successfully find friends for my little boy... online mom groups haven't gotten us anywhere... People plan playdates and don't show up or never finalize plans...  I need something to force myself to be active in the community, unfortunately church groups are out (don't ask), my son is too young for scouts and it REALLY is too hot to just be constantly outside waiting for kids to come outside.  It must have been fate... just as I was feeling like it was impossible to find something to do that wouldn't cost me money and feeling pretty down that the 3 people in my local mom's group that had emailed me about getting together and then never emailed me back when it came to picking a time or day..... I saw it.  "Event planner needed" ... Obviously for a free mom's group, no planner is going to be paid BUT... I read the description... aside from the title of the planner it was 100% me!  Someone to plan cooking, couponing, crafting events??  Uh, yes please!!  Not only will signing up to do something force me to beat down my pterodactyl sized butterflies but it will be something that I pretty much live to do anyway!  I still find the term "Domestic Goddess" planner super cheesy...... but I've got the mythological  heading-towards-knee-length hair down, now just loose a 100 or so pounds and I'll even look the part :-)

I'm not sure... but I think he's imitating me...

No comments:

Post a Comment