Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Feeling Crushed...

We just completed our home visit/inspection with the dog we were hoping to adopt and it did not end well.  Heck, it didn't even start well.  The poor dog snarled and snapped at us and didn't know what to make of our son.  His foster mom said she's not sure he's even ever seen a child before.  Through the visit the dog warmed up a little bit to DH and I but became more and more nervous of our son, leaping up to growl and snap at him every time he tried to come up to say hello.  DS didn't even try to touch him, just fed him treats and offered him a ball.  The dog's foster mother said that DS is very, very good with the pup but he just isn't a good match.  I can't help but feeling absolutley crushed by this.  Stupid as it sounds I was looking forward to having a new remember of the family to take care of and fuss over.  I know another child isn't in our future as much as I want there to be and it's become painful seeing facebook updates from acquaintances back home saying they're expecting a new baby... This new dog *was* my new baby.

I filled out yet another application for yet another dog rescue and am left to wait again and go through this all yet again.  I somehow highly doubt that this one will work out either.  Who wants to allow the adoption of a dog to a family in a third floor apartment complex with no fenced in area for them to run and has a child under the age of 3?  It doesn't matter how well we would care for the dog or how much we would love them... all that matters is how we look on paper.  I am afraid that if the second attempt at adoption doesn't work out I will be forced to give up.  I can't stand the feeling of heartbreak.. I fall in love with a dog the moment I see them and am ready to love them into and through their old age and long after they're gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment