Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Small Thing's Yarn Along again this week!



Sorry for the sideway photos... I took them right off my camera unable to change them.  I'm knitting gnomes this week.  So much for not knitting so much.. this heat is killing me!  Plus, they knit up so quickly!  I found the pattern from another yarn along-er's blog Plain and Joyful Living, here is a  link for anyone who is interested.  I've never really been able to follow a pattern so the fact that mine came together ok was a real motivator for me to keep playing with the pattern.  I made a plain "doll" form by changing some of the stitches, making some increases and decreases here and there.  In the second picture that's the beginning of a giant gnome.  I'm not positive what I'm going to do with them all yet... Alex has already claimed the lavender and small green one as his but I think the big gnome may be a big sister gift for a friend who is having a baby and maybe two little ones for the younger "big" siblings. 

Still reading the same book as last week.  I actually really enjoy it because it's more like a book of short stories.  It was actually written from Carl Sagan's writings after he passed away so some of the chapters seem like they're just short copies of his musings on different subjects.  My husband thinks I will especially enjoy the chapter written by his wife.

For those of you who read my post last week and are interested in a weight update, I am DOWN from last week.  Wiifit makes it difficult to tell exactly how much since it goes up and down (or maybe that's just me and not understanding completely how it works.) but I think I'm down somewhere between 6-8 lbs.  It's progress :-)

5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little projects! I love the green...

    ReplyDelete
  3. those gnomes are cute!! they'd be fun to leave on people's door steps:) hehe...congrats on the weight loss too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :)

    Atangledyarn- I thought about that! A neighbor gave us a dog bed for our dogs that theirs wouldn't go near.. I was thinking of leaving one on their door step but I'm afraid their dog may choke on it!

    ReplyDelete