Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Small Thing's Yarn Along again this week.  Since finishing my projects for Knit for Japan (that were finally mailed out yesterday) I've had trouble finding a crocheting/knitting project to get into. A low yarn supply isn't helping.  I hope to get my t-shirt yarn cut soon so I can start a rag rug. 

I've done some teeny tiny flowers using embroidery floss meant for a piece for my mom's birthday, since I doubt the swiffer covers are going to happen.  I think I finally have a little rhythm down for making them but they're still not quite what I envisioned.  However, I have plenty of embroidery floss from my cousin's friendship bracelet making days that she passed on to me a few years ago.


I've also picked up the never ending blanket again... Still on the same band of color I was months ago but in the past 2 days I think I've finished 3 or 4 rows.... It doesn't sound like much but the rows take at least an hour and a half to get through.
Even only a few feet on it at least someone can curl up in it...

Not much news on the moving front... We wont know for sure until mid-March at the earliest.  So far from what my husband has been reading about his top 8 picks (4 masters only programs and 4 PHD programs) and their acceptances, Virginia seems to be the most likely possibility.  However, if he keeps up his 4.0GPA, I doubt he's really going to have any trouble getting into 7 out of the 8 schools he choose.... however GRE scores will tell us more.  Ok, enough of that, I'm tired of thinking about it!  It's going to be another less than 2 months of notice on where we have to move to (or not have to move at all if he goes somewhere around here) and there's not a darn thing I can do about it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...1,5 hours for one row...how huge is that blanket going to be?? I like the flowers, so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigantic! When I started it my son was still co-sleeping and it was nearly impossible to get a blanket that covered all 3 of us in a double bed. I like blankets that go over the entire mattress and down the sides. I hope to *some day* have a king sized bed to comfortably hold the two dogs and any co-sleeping children. My husband likes to wrap himself up like a burrito in blankets.. I still wanted at least a little bit for the rest of us. I'll have to measure the width and post it. I'd like it to be long enough to tuck under the mattress and cover up beyond our pillows if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete