Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Goals...

My friend Amy over at Sew Adorable recently celebrated her birthday and made a list of goals that she hopes to reach before her next birthday (one for each year of her life so far.)  Since my birthday isn't even 5 months away... and because I'm headed into old age (just kidding) I wont be making a goal for each year I've lived, but I've been inspired to make a list of goals I hope to reach (as well as a bit of a to-do list) before the end of the year (my birthday is only days after that.) 

Goals:
-Finish unpacking
-Fill etsy shop and get it really up and running
-Fill a few more boxes to donate/get rid of (I did a huge chunk of this after getting interrupted while writing this post.  My closet is starting to look so much better!  Unfortunately it was several pairs of self destructed shoes that had to go into the trash and only a few good pairs for the donation pile and some purses.)
-Take donations to donation centers/thrift stores
-Purge all of my papers
-Learn 3 new stitch patterns (knit or crochet)
-Finish making all my old t-shirts into t-shirt yarn and find a pattern for a rag rug that fits the space I want it for.
-Have that dreaded conversation about the future (kids, me going back to work/or not, moving, money, etc.) with the hubby... After we get admission responses.... wait.. that one will probably not happen until next May (at which point our savings may be gone already...) giving us yet again only a few weeks to pack up and move.  Maybe I should add packing up in preparation to my list...
-Work to get myself out of this depression
-Participate in yarn along every week that we are home (and I have a knit/crocheted item to show.)
-Do some bread baking
*There isn't anything on this portion of the list that costs anything right?  Please tell me there's not*

To Do's by Month:

September
-Decorate for Fall
-Make and send birthday gifts to my parents
-Make orthopedist appointment for Dec
-Find a pediatric dentist and doctor and make dentist appointment for Oct and 3 year appointment for Nov

October
-Pumpkin picking!/Hayride
-Decorate a pumpkin (a first for Alex!)
-Halloween decorations
-Trick-or-Treating or small Halloween celebration (not sure what our new complex's/community's rules are for trick-or-treating

November
-Birthday/Thanksgiving celebration
-Birthday trip
-Decorate for Christmas
-Finish making Christmas gifts
-Send birthday gift and card to FIL

December
-Wrap Christmas gifts
-PA trip/Orthopedist appointment for Alex
-Make and take birthday gift to MIL

All in all it doesn't seem like that long or difficult of a list...the depression is kicking my butt though.  It's all I can do just to drag myself through my daily housework and taking care of my son most days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment