Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Goals Update...

Well, I'm seriously failing at getting everything done I had planned on. 

Goals:
-Finish unpacking
-Fill etsy shop and get it really up and running
-Fill a few more boxes to donate/get rid of
-Take donations to donation centers/thrift stores
-Purge all of my papers
-Learn 3 new stitch patterns (knit or crochet)
-Finish making all my old t-shirts into t-shirt yarn and find a pattern for a rag rug that fits the space I want it for.
-Have that dreaded conversation about the future  (we still don't know what's going on for next year, much less the next 5 years)...
-Work to get myself out of this depression
-Participate in yarn along every week that we are home (and I have a knit/crocheted item to show.)
-Do some bread baking

To Do's by Month:

September (Dear Sept, How are you over already and how do I not have the most important things done??!)
-Decorate for Fall
-Make and send birthday gifts to my parents
-Make orthopedist appointment for Dec (now we may not be in PA for Dec, so I need to call and talk to them)
-Find a pediatric dentist and doctor and make dentist appointment for Oct and 3 year appointment for Nov

October
-Pumpkin picking!/Hayride
-Decorate a pumpkin (a first for Alex!)
-Halloween decorations
-Trick-or-Treating or small Halloween celebration (not sure what our new complex's/community's rules are for trick-or-treating
-Add making a birthday and Christmas gift for my husband
-Add October Event for my mom's group
-Add finding a doctor for myself and getting in for an appointment

November
-Birthday/Thanksgiving celebration
-Birthday trip (train ride and remaining day of hotel paid for and scheduled)
-Decorate for Christmas
-Finish making Christmas gifts
-Send birthday gift and card to FIL
-Add wrap gifts for the boys
-Add make a gift for Alex for Christmas

December
-Wrap Christmas gifts
-PA trip/Orthopedist appointment for Alex
-Make and take birthday gift to MIL
A bunch of my goals are somewhat in progress.... I've done a bit more unpacking, filled multiple boxes for donation (but I'm not done yet and the thrift store that would take our donations isn't close by), done plenty of knitting and crocheting, but only one yarn along, which I really miss doing.  Alex and I did make pita bread one day, but I want to make sourdough before the end of the year. I've definitely learned some new stitch patterns (cabling and chain/honeycomb stitch and I learned to crochet a round.)  I was sick for several weeks and need to get myself in to see a doctor also... I have trust issues with doctors and am having trouble choosing one for Alex.  I'm always seeing a ton of feedback for certain doctors in the area.. but unfortunately there's negatives for each one.  I think there's still plenty of time to get him in for all of his appointments... I just need to suck it up and choose one, knowing I can always change doctors again if we need to.

I also had to add a few things to my list of goals and I'm sure I'm forgetting things.  This does not bode well for my ability to get everything done. 

2 comments:

  1. your blog is so warmly~the typo, the photos, all is so warm + happy ^^ the feeling of home~

    ReplyDelete